It is in everyone’s best interests for complaints to be resolved as quickly and at as low a level as possible and our SEND complaint procedure is as follows:
– The complaint is dealt with by the class teacher – the complainant needs to feel that they have been listened to and that all points raised have been addressed
– If the matter remains unresolved, the complaint is dealt with by the SENCo or by a senior manager
– If there is still no resolution the Headteacher will become actively involved.
– If the matter is still not resolved, the complainant must put their complaint in writing to the Chair of Governors and the Governing Body will deal with the matter through their agreed complaint resolution procedures.
– In the unlikely event that the matter is still not resolved, the complainant can then take the complaint to the Local Authority